REPORTS TO: President
PAY STATUS: Full-time
HOURS: 40 hours per week, Monday thru Friday
ABOUT: The Collierville Chamber of Commerce is a member organization of business and community leaders dedicated to building community through business by growing jobs, advocating for a business-friendly environment, and helping businesses thrive.
We are currently seeking a Special Events & Program Coordinator, with strong communications skills, to spearhead the Collierville Chamber’s special events, member programs, and sponsorship opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and cultivate strategic and beneficial sponsorship opportunities for members.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to advance Chamber objectives and ensure members are satisfied and sponsorship benefits are fulfilled.
- Book venues, vendors, exhibitors, and guest speakers.
- Liaise with all event vendors, speakers, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Work with Marketing to develop materials related to events including email campaigns, social media content, and printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, nametags, etc.).
- Determine staffing needs for special events and give guidance to volunteers and staff involved in event planning and execution.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets with all event details including timeline, vendors, and speakers.
- Maintain event budgets and meet event sales goals with sponsorships, ticket sales, and expenses in mind.
- Assist in the negotiation of event contract and services.
- Evaluate member needs and develop new programs and events accordingly.
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, hospitality management, or a related field.
- 2 years of experience in events, hospitality, or public relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter who is able work both independently and as part of a team
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office – including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Experience working with Constant Contact and WordPress is a plus.
TO APPLY, EMAIL A RESUME & COVER LETTER TO INFO@COLLIERVILLE CHAMBER.COM